Thursday, March 26, 2020

Recovery Day

Banana bread
Coronation chicken
Palak paneer
Quinoa bowl

I made banana bread with walnuts before the bananas got any more freckled. They finished around ten and cooked, and for some reason I was still up, so though I had eaten three large meals, I decided to have a slice. And another. And another. Maybe another, lost count. All with butter. So delicious.

I probably turned an hour later. And had my first experience with acid reflux. I could not believe how it burned my throat. My stomach, my whole abdomen, felt overstuffed and uncomfortable. I ended up in a chair until 2:30 in the morning.

Yes, I know it's ridiculous how the slightest health mishap fills me with shock and awe.

So today, I just wanted to recover. Food was not that interesting after the pain. I decided to drink lots of water but not eat until dinner.

I made a Costco run; With any luck I won't need groceries again for two weeks. Costco has social isolation done right. Lot was only a third full. Customers stayed six feet away from each other. Clerks were strategically stationed to help or advise and see the rules were followed. After each check out, a young woman sprayed and wiped the customer side of the checkstand, including the credit card paying device.

I made the girls Coronation chicken salad sandwiches from the rotisserie chicken for lunch.

For dinner I made palak paneer and served it with various leftovers. I had the girls finish off the coronation chicken. DH had quinoa, chana masala and palak. I didn't want to eat anything too rich, so I had a quinoa bowl with a little rotisserie chicken, chickpeas, spinach, cranberry, and tahini sauce. DS are the rest of the chicken with broccoli.

Hopefully I kept the meal small enough. I'll have breakfast tomorrow and dinner, but I might skip lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment