Vacation no-schedule continues, which Mom the Cook finds exhausting. Breakfasts often happen around noon, lunch at 3, dinner at 7, and great annoyance all the way around.
black eyes peas with cubed ham and rice.
Family Burrito Night
- black beans pureed in food processor, added to cooked turkey burger for Benson Burrito
- plain beans made into burrito with salsa, cheese and kale, topped with homemade enchilada sauce.
First Tuesday, return to high school dinner
- tacos. Kid requires hard yellow shells.
Sloppy Joe Night
- Once Upon a Chef sloppy joe using black beans for hamburger. Tasted kinda like chili
- turkey hamburger with canned manwich sauce
- potato hamburger buns
vegetable thai soup as anchor
- butternut squash thai soup with red curry paste, coconut milk, and peanut butter and baby kales.
- black beans
tried Costco fresh pork potstickers. Ling Lings are better.
2nd Wednesday--mashed potato cauliflower as anchor
- 2lb braised chuck steak in apple cider and vegetarian broth, half an onion.
- main course black beans in sauteed onion, garlic, baby kale, and 2teas enchilada sauce
- mashed cauliflower and potato
- shredded cheese
- green salad: greens, carrot curls, pepperocini, bottled greek olives, sm. tomato wedges, homemade viniagrette