Friday, April 8, 2016

April

Cooking in April is hard.

I made Shrimp Fra Diavolo, and that was delicious.

Grilled Cheese Sandwich and Tomato Soup with some Kale pureed in.  That was a hit.  But the second time I put too much kale in, which was like too fiber-y.

Pollock Fish Tacos.  It was local Pollock.  W. was sad I didn't provide the radishes or make the white sauce with it.  J worked late and didn't get any, and he's the best audience for this one.

For a birthday breakfast, I made bacon, homemade cornmeal pancakes, poached egg.

For a birthday dinner, I roasted a chicken and made baingan bharta, simply recipe's dal, a new black bean dal, and another vegetable dish.

leftovers of the above dinner for a couple days.

we were sick: I made chicken tortilla soup and a Tom Yum soup with shrimp.

herbed roasted potato bites, broccoli, cheese sauce.

No comments:

Post a Comment